Saturday, April 18, 2009

Poem: "The Chasm"

"The Chasm"

dear ________,

If I've been a bastard to you lately, please
Try to forgive my stubborn inclinations
Mid life PMS has gotten the better
Of my manhood these days

Last night was just like I used to remember
Your skin, your hands, our bodies intertwined
Sharing one final time
Before my insides threaten to cave in

Tell B and S, that I haven't forgotten them
The cold sterility of linoleum and hospital beds
Has seeped into my unkempt bones

The fragrance of you lingers
In the shadows of my mind
All else fades in the twilight

The chasm that is your love
Has overtaken my life
With you standing over me
Dagger in hand

Never forget, dear
Let my blood run cold
Kiss me once
Before I surrender
To death's fervent embrace.

- IG

Copyright: 2009, by Raymund Diaz Delizo

No comments: