Thursday, May 7, 2009

Poem: "Prey"

"Prey"

The memory of you
still lingers in the recesses
of my tortured brain

the fragrance of you
still clings to the sheets
every time I lay to sleep

late nights spent
sharing coffee
watching you smile
as we talked about
nothing in particular

the way you looked
against the moonlight
luminous and dangerous
with a sultry gleam
in your eye

what we have
is reduced to dust now
in the aftermath
lost in the endless seams
of promises unkept

the night I caught you
in bed
with my sister

did you like it
when I walked in
and she had you
bent over
on the aching bed?

how I spent sleepless nights
awake while you were out
showing the world how much
of a woman you really were

if fate intends despair
and love must fade away
let ours streak across the sky
and reach its noble end

as I sit alone in the room
we once shared
know that I still love you

you are out there
in the shadows
watching me

a huntress waiting
to consume
her prey.

Copyright: 2009, by Raymund Diaz Delizo

No comments: