Friday, March 26, 2010

Poem: "Into The Sinking"

“Into The Sinking”

HE:

The room spins
my head feels as
it’s about to explode
as I sit in this chair
words slither from the
cracks of my mind

It’s so different
everything unusually dull and tainted
since you left

SHE:

I’ve lost my way a bit
nothing’s come easy
since I found the courage to walk out that door
and not look back

I honestly don’t miss you
you were the one addiction
that I had to break
although I’d be a liar if I didn’t admit
that there were things about you
that I still desperately crave
Like the way your skin feels when you were pressed against me
the warmth and safety of your ever-present embrace
and the way you made my heart thud with each gasping breath
whenever we kissed

These small stolen moments with you shared
keep me up at night

HE:

I wish that we could go
to simpler times
when we’d share a laugh
a simple glance
a fleeting touch

Back then, that’s all it took for you and me
the fire that brought us together has faded
without you, everything seems a heavy burden
and I don’t believe I’ve paid the price

Enough for you to pull me out and save me
from  the sinking.

Copyright: 2010, by Raymund  Diaz Delizo

No comments: