Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Poem: "Chaos and Midday"

"Chaos and Midday"

When the line
crosses into the night's fateful
sublime knowing
and the seams
are about to burst

And the broken mess
lies in the floor
what is left
is not much else

Other than this empty room
and the same old typewriter
in the same chair
the walls are bare now

My hands ache
with resignation
of the coming
of the eventual
undoing

The sun is shining
inside, my bones are cold
the blood that runs
through my body
is rendered useless

Strangers walk past
on the street
with their filthy handshakes
and fake gestures

You are gone now
nothing is the same
I'm missing you
as the world grows smaller

I die a little more inside
who's gonna reach out
to rescue me
from the fall?

Head in my hands
Tthe clock blares
it is now 1:30 p.m.
as a breath manages
a heroic escape

The debacle is now
in full swing.

Copyright: 2009, by Raymund Diaz Delizo

No comments: