Thursday, June 4, 2009

Poem: "Beauty's Escape"

"Beauty's Escape"

I don't know what's wrong with me, love
the hollow beating of my heart
makes me desperately long
for a quiet place
to escape

Darling, the demons
threaten to overtake
my tortured soul
there's no turning back now

If only I could see your face
to rest my head on your bare chest
to feel your breath against my neck
to kiss you until I am forever intoxicated

I fallen so far
in so deep
that I have forgotten
where I end
and you begin

The thought of you
warms my cold heart
and stirs a hunger
that I believed to be long gone

Sit with me now
my beautiful one
and allow the fires
of passion and need
guide us

So I can get lost
in the rapture and affection
that is you

Will you save me
long enough to set me free?

Copyright: 2009, by Raymund Diaz Delizo

No comments: