Monday, June 1, 2009

Poem: "Spinning The Wheels"

"Spinning The Wheels"

The room seems a bit uneven
a little off kilter
am I still here
the mauve walls
mock my contemplation

You left a week ago
I'd be lying if I told you
that I'm doing fine
the bottles of liquor
attest to my moral apathy

The guy you are with
is rich, successful
lives in the Hamptons
and quotes Picasso

I'm stuck in this
cramped shit hole
of a place
writing away aimlessly
on the same old typewriter

I'm waiting for you
again
like old times
thinking of you again

Dear love
with your sweet face
your soft curves
round hips
firm breasts
and aching temptation

How I hate you now
the sickening laughter
of the silent walls

The damned eye o'clock
signaling my impending doom
as the phone sits in the corner
untouched

I pick up the receiver
dial your number
just to hear you
fuck me over
again

My sweet darling
make me forget
please let me
slip through the cracks.

Copyright: 2009, by Raymund Diaz Delizo

No comments: