Friday, August 7, 2009

Poem: "Linger"

"Linger"

You've been gone
awhile now
it feels so empty here
without you

Sitting here
trying to find
the words to say
still you're gone

I've been chasing shadows
until the day you came
and walked in my door
and brightened everything

With your beautiful rays
warming my cold, desperate heart
smile for me now
touch my soul

Hold me close to you
against the world
you are my shield
my protection

If I close my eyes long enough
I can see you again
if only for awhile

The world is wide open again
and our hearts are full of possibilities
and we are young again

The darkness fades
when I'm in your arms
nothing else matters
but this moment with you

I lean against the window
and watch the rain fall
its gentle pitter patter

The memory of you
I hold onto you
you've consumed me
taken a piece of my soul
and my heart is out there
with you

I can't let go
what I feel
is too strong
too much

Allow me fall again
one more time
into you
let our paths intertwine
and permit the perfect sweetness
that is your passion
cover me, wrapping me up

Linger awhile

I will wait for you
my love
until you
come back to me

Until then
I lay here
in this lonely bed

Wishing for you
please
let your beauty
invade me again
and linger awhile

Just linger awhile.

Copyright: 2009, by Raymund Diaz Delizo

No comments: