Friday, August 7, 2009

Poem: "Make Believe"

"Make Believe"

In the same room
the silent walls
I lay on the bed
lost and broken

Oh, it's no use now
No matter how I try
to forget
still, the tears come
wet and perfect

I let you in
like a fool
I let you in
just because

I'd rather break
a mirror
and have seven years
bad luck

Because baby, how I thought
we had
we had
something special

Only to be let down
and left behind again
not sure of anything anymore
I'm not afraid of losing

I'm barely breathing
and you do it over again
when you promised
you'd never

Where could I run for cover
to escape from you, love?
you've become a part of me

Even after all this
I couldn't ever hate you
my darling

I just wish
oh how I wish
the story could have had a happy ending

Instead of being sweet make believe

Somewhere inside
I'm dying again
as the desperate ghosts
within are dancing

The last kiss is always
the most bittersweet.

Copyright: 2009, by Raymund Diaz Delizo

No comments: