Friday, August 7, 2009

Poem: "Pieces"

"Pieces"

Tell me again
fill me with your lies
baby

Open the wounds
water under the bridge
make me the fool once more

The same old
tired thing again
I'm drowning

Deep and falling
uncovered and bare
I'm bleeding, darling

And you cut me open
again
I'm not scared
of the dark

Come gentle loneliness
with your perfect arms
you can't drag me down
my love

You can never
stop me
from shining
my Sun

The footsteps you leave behind
have killed me over and over
again

But still, I love you

I'd rather be left
barely breathing
my sweet morningside

Save me
oh my beautiful liar
how I need you

In the shadows of twilight
in the last loud beating
of my fragile heart

Can you hear her
call your name?

Can you?

Copyright: 2009, by Raymund Diaz Delizo

No comments: