Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Poem: "Intersection"

"Intersection"

dear _________,

during the last incarnation
of our premature demise
you whispered in my ear

reeking of pain and desperation
I clung to you
to your promises and supplications

hoping that when I awoke
the morning after
our mutual intersection
you would not choose the hard way

I know the door is tempting you
to leave all you know behind
but despite our freefall neurotic tendencies

what I hold for you in my heart
makes my insides writhe and twist
with anticipation

I saw a picture of you
in nothing but a trenchcoat
made me uncross my legs
and drink you in

even though you're gone
the fire still burns
lingering on my mouth

each moment spent with you
etched on the contours
of my forever beating
bruised compass.

- UD

Copyright: 2009, by Raymund Diaz Delizo

No comments: