Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Poem: "Love, Hate"

"Love, Hate"

dear ________,

Can you tell me once more
why we are here
sharing the same space
after we promised
"never again"?

no, the twilight is beckoning
we must not be late
you and I are compelled
to make it home tonight

when you wake in the morning
and the sun is bright
and you lay so still and peaceful

something gnaws at my insides
and I grow tired of you
during the hours of departure
in the wistful meantime

the cock crows thrice at Peter

I pray you don't
take offense at my quiet conjecture
reflection is not always
the easiest thing to purge

I love you
when you're seething
in the undercurrents
of unspoken tempests

but enough of this now
wait for me still
and your reward will be
my eternal patience.

- SW

Copyright: 2009, by Raymund Diaz Delizo

No comments: