Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Poem: "Underneath"

"Underneath"

dear _________,

I'm usually not a jealous bitch
but this melacholy is undermining
my carefully crafted facade
of nuanced indifference

Andy came over last night
it was late
and I wasn't in the mood
for idle small talk
or meaningless unattached company

but as soon as I opened the door,
Andy smiled with those pale eyes
subtle pools of green that seem to shimmer
in the subdued light

something inside me
felt the compulsion to grab her
lead her to my bedroom and lock the door

as you know already
I'm not as prudish as I let on
so when I awoke the next morning
and went to the bathroom,
I let the towel drop
and left the door cracked

ever so slightly ajar
just in case Andy woke up
and saw me glistening with
anticipation

Andy just stared back
and, with a hint of a smile,
she whispered in desperation

reached for her favorite companion
and surrendered for one final go.

- FC

Copyright: 2009, by Raymund Diaz Delizo

No comments: